We moved into our more permanent housing last Wednesday. We are really enjoying the flat itself and the St John's Wood area. Our belongings and furniture pieces are trickling in over time. Every other day, or so, another item arrives from either our shipments from Utah or from online orders we have been making. Life gets easier and better with each thing. Ady was so happy to get her bed back. She has been a much happier and better behaved little girl than she had been in our other place. Despite my efforts to keep her entertained at our temporary housing, I think she was bored and cooped up & thus sought entertainment by being a naughty baby. That was pretty tough for all of us involved. We are happier now in our new place. It feels home-ey and welcoming and Ady has room to run and play and be a happy little girl. She is going to be in pure bliss when her toys arrive in the next week. ...And I may faint from pure joy myself. More to come on our place soon.
Tyler's work is going pretty good, although he has had quite a few late nights. He is meeting lots of people and experiencing a lot of new and great things. He is currently in Amsterdam for a training conference. I regret that Ady and I didn't tag along. His hotel is in the countryside and right on the coast. It sounds very beautiful. He took good care of me before he left. He made extra sure that I felt oriented and comfortable in our new place- and that I had a plan of action for the next 4 days. I have been struggling a bit feeling isolated & overwhelmed with all the things that come with moving to a new place- and suffering from major mom guilt. All will be good again soon, I have no doubt. We just need to get all settled in and start exploring places & things, and all will be good.
You've been having all sorts of adventures! And Ady's wool coat is super cute!
ReplyDeleteHey friend! Excited to see pics of your new casa!!! I love seeing everything you're experiencing - thanks for keeping all of us updated! I feel like I'm living an adventure through your new life. Looks like your new renters have arrived here! I've seen lights on inside while looking out my back window. Still have to remind myself that it's not you... Miss you and hope you're getting re-settled!
ReplyDelete