Thursday, February 9, 2012

All Things British

I am going to start posting photos, quotes, and other "all things British" that make London a unique place to live.  Here is a first taste...


No, this is not a picture from outer space, and no, these are not MY boots.







This photo is quite good.  Not only does it show how people take some major fashion risks- like tight orange pants, but it also shows every species of wildlife that exist here: pigeons, ravens, and squirrels.

Random Quotes of British people:

* A little 5 year old girl said this to her younger brother who was running around, "Max, be sensible!"

*  "Matilda!  Don't snatch!"

*  Instead of "How are you?"  people here ask, "You alright?"  It has been a bit hard to get used to.  Your first instinct is to think you must look so tired, sick, and/or terrible, that a complete stranger has even noticed your dilapidated condition and has felt inclined to comment.  Even when I hear it now, I still feel like there has been some system error in my brain.  It just does not seem to flow well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment